newsflash: port, or no port

My appointment with the surgeon, Dr Densai lasted all of five minutes.

‘Since you have already started chemotherapy and have cytotoxic drugs in your system, there is a high chance of further complications and infection by performing the surgery. Unless your oncologist is happy to delay your next round, I am unable to recommend this as an option for you.’

‘Ok. I understand. Thanks for making the decision for me,’ I replied a little too excitedly.

*shakes hands*

*out the door*